The Phoenix rising from the ashes in the “National Medal of Service Award”, represents 40 years of loyal service Shuseki Shihan Frank Woon-A-Tai gave to his Japanese Masters until his resignation in 2011, with a broken heart and spirit. With the help of true and loyal friends, Shuseki Shihan Woon-A-Tai rose again from the ashes to head the fastest growing karate organization in the world that in seven short years, IKD is represented in 70 regions in 50 countries worldwide. The Hall of Fame Award is a prototype; the final medal will look like the National Medal of Service.
Rather than using a static immobile building to represent the “Hall of Fame Award”, He chose the world-famous “Kaieteur Falls” found deep in the Guyana Amazon to symbolize the Hall of Fame. Kaieteur Falls is the world’s largest single drop waterfall by the volume of water flowing over it. Its river is the “path or hall” that leads to the falls through the dense Amazon Rainforest. In karate, the important concept “A Mind Like Water” has its own symbolic interpretation of the “way” of karate. Water, in its calm state, symbolizes mental clarity, and in its thundering state, represents the power of karate. Moreover, the open hand symbolizes the meaning of the word karate – empty hand, no weapons.
The other three Awards will feature Shuseki Shihan and Fuku Shuseki Shihan(s) performing their favourite techniques with their Chinese Zodiac animal birth signs in the background – the Tiger, Dragon and Horse.
Benefits of Membership
- World Membership Recognition
- World Membership ID Card
- Unique Award: Over neck, Desk or Wall mounted
- Distinguished Award Certificate
- Member of IKD Department of Distinguished Awardees
- Name Displayed on Dojo and HQ Wall of Honour
- IKD Emergency World Travel Support
- Reserved Seating at World Cup Events
- Reserved Seating at National Cup Events
- IKD World Newsletter
- Complimentary Membership in IKD World Online
- Lifetime of Excellence $100
- Lifetime of Achievement $90
- Lifetime of Service $80
- Hall of Fame $70
- National Medal of Service $60